Saturday, November 8, 2014

Dr. Feelgood - Live Bonn Blues Festival 1987

Back from The Dead...From the Original FBS archives!
Originally posted November 8, 2014

Dr. Feelgood - Bonn Blues Festival
Bonn, Germany
September 27, 1987
FM Source @ 320

I could have sworn I posted this before, but I can't find it on any of our blogs.

 
Set List:
01 Dust My Broom
02 Quit While You're Behind
03 Back In The Night
04 Milk & Alcohol
05 Shotgun Blues
06 Hunting, Shooting, Fishing
07 Riot In Cell Block #9
08 Down At The Doctors
09 Come On Over Here
10 Instrumental
11 Route 66 

pass-fbsvw





9 comments:

  1. Thanks ! Never saw a 1987 show anywhere else before !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silent, you can indeed swear - cos I got this from you at floppy in May 2009! Glad to see it back up, and a couple of notes. The 2nd Bonn Blues Festival was held in the Biskuithalle on 27/9/87 and featured, besides the Feelgoods,Stan Webb's Chicken Shack, Man and Canned Heat. The Feelgoods were broadcast on FM radio; I don't know about the other groups. A CD called "2nd Blues Festival Live in Bonn September '87" was produced in 1988 by Bonn record label Half Moon Records; now long out of print, the CD had four Feelgoods tracks: numbers 3, 4 and 8 on the FM broadcast and See You Later Alligator. As I only have a @128 rip, it's not worth upping the only extra track. The line-up was one of my favourite Feelgoods ones who did the brilliant 1985 "Mad Man Blues": Brilleaux, Mitchell, Russell and Morris, a line-up I was lucky enough to catch in the early 1990s, and a barnstormer it was. Indeed, as Mouldysauerkraut says, this is the only bootleg from 1987 that I know of; the only other known bootleg of this line-up with the great Gordon Russell on guitar was on 16th August 1983 at Hengelo Marketplace, Netherlands, an excellent FM broadcast @ 320 that you previously posted here http://floppybootstomp.blogspot.com/2009/06/dr-feelgood-hengelo-marketplace-1983.html, and could think of re-upping? I have it if you can't find it; likewise for the three gigs previously posted at http://floppybootstomp-ii.blogspot.com/2013/03/feelgood-sez.html. And checking back over your Feelgoods post, I see I've just had my first anniversary posting here, and a pleasure it has been indeed, with more to come.

    Cheers for now, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and by the by, it's WILKO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotcha!: http://floppybootstomp.blogspot.com/2009/03/dr-feelgood-bonn-germany-1987.html

    And incidentally, one I disn't get if you still have it was this one from 1983:

    http://floppybootstomp.blogspot.com/2009/05/dr-feelgood-lyon-france-1983.html.

    Any chance of a re-up for an old codger?

    Cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have misspelled something in my search because I never saw it. I'm either getting to old or i need some new glasses =/ I hope I still have the Lyon one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder I missed it...forgot to look in the old FBS archives!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I'm either getting too old or i need some new glasses" - new glasses of what? Tee hee, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete