Television - Live Old Grey Whistle -1978
If You Weren't Paying Attention....
There have been a TON of links posted in our comments by the one and only Dave Sez. Since most of you probably don't pay attention or are to lazy to check, here are the links in a post for you.
Readers who love Television should hurry to get this one, upped in full and in FLAC (both for the first time) by the great Edge of TUBE:
http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/television-w-patti-smith-1975-04-17-new-york-city-ny-aud-flac-164576.html.
Another rare one recently upped (again for the first time and in FLAC) is http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/television-1977-05-26-manchester-uk-aud-flac-164575.html.
A third 1977 recording to surface for the first time is
http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/television-lyon-france-8-june-1977-a-163324.html.
All links live as of today - go get, you won't regret!
I know no-one's watching this space, but check out here for a very
recent Television gig:
http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/television-enmore-theatre-sydney-30-october-2013-a-166438.html
Television lossless post: go get !!!
I have now found a FLAC version of the ultra-rare I Need A New Adventure which is here:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/63yvhohhzaah/n/Television_-_I_Need_A_New_Adventure.zip.
Thanks to Hermesacat, whose youtube channel with much rare Television is here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bobjb999/videos?shelf_id=1&sort=dd&view=0. Hermesacat also writes: For those interested in old/rare Television/Tom V. articles, here's a link to a file I uploaded of scans of approx. 60 articles/interviews (most contain interview content):
http://www.4shared.com/zip/p6aGwLm6/Tom_Verlaine_Television_etc_Ar.html
I collected them between 1978 & 1990, & the articles date from '74 to '90.
The Wonder fan site has an excellent articles collection (mostly text files), but many of my articles aren't yet available there. I finally got around to digitizing mine & making them available to other fans to download. Also, here's a link to a file of scans of my copy of "The Night", a poetry book(let) by Tom Verlaine & Patti Smith, published 1976:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/eM4vfO6L/The_Night_Tom_Verlaine__Patti_.html.
Hermesacat also gives us a FLAC version of Television's 1975 classic Cleveland Piccadilly Inn gig here:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/miSmF9GO/Television_1975-07-25__Clevela.html,
and a FLAC version of the Poor Circulation demo boot (1973-75 with Richard Hell) here:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/TLfBIhTu/Poor_Circulation_-_Television.html.
4shared requires registration with an email address but does not sell on your address to spammers. The fullest version (3 CDs) and best quality (FLAC) available of the rare Television with Patti Smith 1975 gig here:
http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/television-w-patti-smith-1975-04-17-new-york-city-ny-aud-flac-164576.html,
Thanks to the great TUBE. More Television can be found here thanks to BigScott62 (and read the comments):
http://growboredbigscott62.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-best-television-post-ever.html.
And again, a very rare one for the New Year:
http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/television-2013-11-07-athens-ga-aud-flac-167594.html.
Television live compilation 2002-2005 "Calling Mr. Lloyd" thanks to Earcandy,
here: http://www.earcandyarchive.com/?p=24
(right click download - save link as)
01 I Could Sleep All Day (Washington DC 2003-03-24)
02 Rise & Fall (London 2005-06-21)
03 Frustration (Sao Paolo 2005-10-25)
04 Flower Spasm (London 2005-06-21)
05 Balloon (Washington DC 2003-03-24)
06 Persia (London 2004-06-23)
07 The Sea ((Hamburg 2004-06-18)
bonus tracks:
08 Swells Pt 1 / Stars / Swells Pt 2 (Sao Paolo 2005-10-25)
09 Stax (Hamburg 2004-06-18)
10 Stockhausen Psyche Jam (London 2004-06-23)
11 Bowie medley (London 2002-06-18
12 Love Theme From Piranha (London 2002-06-18)
13 “Hits On TV” (London 2002-06-19)
Cheers, Dave Sez.
(More Links In The Comments)
THANK YOU VERY MUCH...!!!
ReplyDeleteWaoo, impressive work ! I'm not lazy at all concerning music, but I let few of them pass by. Thank you !
ReplyDeleteI'll use this blog post for the continuing list of links, so if you're a fanatic Television fan (and I am), bookmark this page and check back often! Today's dose:
ReplyDeleteThose with good internet connections will not want to miss this rare 1984 performance by Tom Verlaine, kindly provided on DVD by the great kigonjiro:
http://kigonjiro.com/2010/11/02/tom-verlaine-la-edad-de-oro/ - 16 links but they're filefactory.
And you wouldn't want to miss Tom back with Patti Smith, an FM recording from 1996, with netkups here: http://100greatestbootlegs.blogspot.com/2014/01/flac-patti-smith-musikhalle-hamburg-aug.html
and filefactory here: http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/patti-smith-1996-08-01-hamburg-de-fm-flac-129605.html
Tom Verlaine would play on the 2005 live CD (Royal Festival Hall, London) accompanying the 30th anniversary re-release of Horses. He famously played on Patti Smith's first single on Mer records which vinyl junkies will want, ripped in FLAC or 320 including label scans: http://powerpopcriminals.blogspot.com/2012/02/patti-smith-hey-joe-version-1974-very.html
The covers to the 1977 Sire Records re-release are here:
http://gtfcharvababee.blogspot.com/2014/01/patti-smith-hey-joe-7-1974.html
Cheers, Dave Sez.
I've just discovered that Tom Verlaine continued playing with Patti Smith on tour after the 2005 Horses gig; for a Italian radio broadcast of a 2008 gig together in Bologna @320, go see http://musicadegradata.blogspot.com/2012/08/patti-smith-live-in-bologna-2008.html and don't forget to thank Barrabovich.
ReplyDeleteCheers, Dave Sez.
Barabbovich - sorry! Dave Sez.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to mention that for those of you who prefer the vinyl sound, a lossless rip of Little Johnny Jewel is available at the great http://powerpopcriminals.blogspot.com/2012/04/television-little-johnny-jewel-1975.html.
ReplyDeleteCheers, Dave Sez.
Exciting news down at Dave Sez Farm: at long last, a good few years after the last webposting died, a new post of the essential 1973 Neon Boys recordings of Verlaine, Hell and Ficca. The previous webposting was preserved and will soon be re-served here as a bonus with the 1974-75 Television demos, but this is a better rip, mostly 320, and with the full covers in high-def scan too. Go get, you won't regret and don't forget to thank Mr. Eliminator here:
ReplyDeletehttp://mreliminator.blogspot.com/2013/11/richard-hell-voidoids-neon-boys-dont.html.
Cheers, Dave Sez.
Hi,
DeleteI grabbed your collection of cuttings from 4shared with a view to adding them to The Wonder - will give credit.
Thanks, Mr Blur, and thanks for your site too - a valuable resource. Please however give credit for the articles to Hermesacat, who posted them and many of the above links in the comments to his youtube channel on Television. You may also wish to include links to the following comprehensive Television Live blog from Japan (where most of the Television bootleg CDs seem to come from): http://www.geocities.co.jp/MusicStar-Live/7354/television.htm; http://www.giginjapan.com/category/television/ has artwork from several of the Japanese bootlegs, complementing the artwork given here: http://www.bootlegzone.com/index.php?section=290&latest=0.
ReplyDeleteMy next post in the ongoing Television series here will be New York Stories, detailed here: http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=PVCD1007§ion=290.
Cheers, Dave Sez.
OK, will do.
DeleteAh yes, I "know a man" in Japan, as they say ;)
I have on the site details of every known live recording of Television, Verlaine and Lloyd known to exist. If I can help with anything...
Thanks. Mr Blur - I'll get back to you if there are any unresolved questions. There's one recording I have that you don't seem to be aware of, a B- AUD that is posted here: http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/tom-verlaine-live-at-karlsson-stockholm-24-march-1987-a-140225.html
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile, for those who don't (yet) know what we're talking about, all the answers are here: http://thewonder.co.uk/
Cheers, Dave Sez.
Luckily for us, the original producer of one of the earliest Television vinyl bootlegs to appear, "Arrow", has not only offered us his work but has kept the post alive over the last five years. The recording is from My Father's Place, Roslyn, LI, NY 20th March 1978, and was later reissued as first as a cassette and then as a CD under the title "The Blow-Up" - which however crucially omits the track "Poor Circulation", so go get the vinyl rip and thank reservatory here:
ReplyDeletehttp://luckypsychichut.blogspot.com/2009/11/television-arrow-bootleg.html
Television - Arrow (vinyl bootleg, Double Exposure Records f-85, 1980)
01 Fire Engine 4.19
02 Poor Circulation 5.31
03 Little Johnny Jewel 14.44
04 Knockin' On Heaven's Door 8.07
05 Prove It 5.20
06 Friction 4.58
07 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction 7.11
Cheers, Dave Sez.
Not even two weeks old! http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/television-variety-playhouse-atlanta-2-april-2014-a-172090.html
ReplyDeleteCD1
01) Walk on and guitar issue resolution
02) 1880 or so
03) Venus
04) Elevation
05) Prove It
06) Little Johnny Jewel
07) See No Evil
08) Torn Curtain
CD2
09) Persia
10) Marquee Moon
ENCORE
11) That's All I Know (Right Now)
12) Psychotic Reaction
Cheers, Dave Sez.
The great tinajazz over at guitars101 does it again, give thanks and praises!
ReplyDeleteTelevision - 2014.03.31 Exit/In, Nashville
1880 or So
Prove it
Elevation
Glory
Torn Curtain
Venus
Little Johnny Jewel
See No Evil
Persia (unreleased)
I’m Gonna Find You (unreleased)
Marquee Moon
Guiding Light
Psychotic Reaction (Count Five cover)
http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/television-exit-in-nashville-31-march-2014-a-172685.html
Cheers, Dave Sez.
The great reservatory, taper of the classic Arrow bootleg listed above, does it again with a post of studio demos for Verlaine's Flash Light album. Rare stuff indeed, and a great gift from the Easter Bunny!
ReplyDeletehttp://luckypsychichut.blogspot.com/2014/03/tom-verlaine-dave-bascombe-sessions-1986.html
And by the by, the March 2014 gig listed above has some phenomenal guitarwork by the duet of Verlaine and Ripp ... whatya waiting for?
Cheers, Dave Sez.
An alternative version of the "Bascombe Sessions", "Vanity Fair", is available @224 from the BigOZine; it includes a live version of Marquee Moon not on the FLAC gift from reservatory, as well as artwork to go with either ...
ReplyDeletehttp://bigozine2.com/roio/?p=1166
And, having listened to it all now, ANY version of these 1986 polished studio recordings is worth having ... whatya waiting for?
Cheers, Dave Sez.
Well, the Easter Bunny brings us two "huevos" this year - a phenomenal gift from the great circle over at http://darkcircleroom3.blogspot.com/2014/04/tom-verlaine-ritz-new-york-city-ny-usa.html - a rare and excellent 1982 gig in FLAC by Tom Verlaine. Dave Sez: go get, you won't regret!
ReplyDeleteMake that three - here's another great gift from circle, the next night at the Ritz by Tom Verlaine:
ReplyDeleteTom Verlaine - The Ritz, New York, USA - 05.06.1982 (Flac)
Setlist:
Kingdom Come
Souvenir From A Dream
Coming Apart
True Story
Clear It Away
Always
Penetration
Breakin' In My Heart
Marquee Moon
Days On The Mountain
Glory
http://darkcircleroom3.blogspot.com/2014/04/tom-verlaine-ritz-new-york-usa-05061982.html
Cheers, Dave Sez.
And circle again comes up with a classic FM recording from Tom Verlaine's 1987 Flashlight tour at http://darkcircleroom3.blogspot.com/2014/05/tom-verlaine-errols-gothenburg-sweden.html. Way to go, thanks circle!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, is anyone reading this or am I wasting my time compiling this linklist? Be nice to know ... cheers, Dave Sez.
I am, don't know about anyone else...
ReplyDeleteOK, I'll keep going ... cheers, Dave Sez.
ReplyDeleteGotta go get this, vintage Television 1977 audience recordings from JEMS, legendary for their quality:
ReplyDeletehttp://darkcircleroom3.blogspot.com/2014/05/television-masonic-temple-auditorium.html
Cheers, Dave Sez.
As there's tits and goo gle censorship, I can permit myself some obscenities .. go get the f*cker!
ReplyDeleteVintage Television 1977 should be enough, a great recording even more, and top versions of classic tracks even more so ... I have waited nearly thirty years to hear this .. and morons don't care, just another track.
The gold dust I have hoped for even since 1977 (and yes, I was alive and adult then)
Is the web populated by morons or what?!!! Why doesn't any one answer? Because it's pearls before swine ...
Can't say cheers any more ya dickheads .., go watch the latest wankers on youtube, you won't remember their name anyway, just some nameless music to groove to on your f*g i-pod (their-pod - who are you kidding, Mr Stereotype Man?). . Who's left to care about music or musicians? Ya arsehole, call yourself a music fan? Seriously fucked off at web morons, Dave Sez.
So was I mistaken? Have there been a pile of comments to thank our gracious host circle for bothering putting up this great stuff? Television 1977 great recording, I ask you,live Marquee Moon!
ReplyDeleteGo suck, I aint wastin my time no more - you dont get this, you dont get no more. I'll share by email with our host but no-one more.
Goodnight and goodbye, and fuck you all, morons, Dave Sez.
This thread is dead. No other observers except me and him means no one cares. Your loss - we both think they're worth it, but no one else agrees. My friendship with our host remains - uploads will continue just for him. He will do what he sees fit, but coins for beggars doesn't help them or you. Dave Sez.
ReplyDeleteSorry, got drunk and ranted. Won't happen again. Dave Sez.
ReplyDeleteWe all get drunk and rant. Sometime I feel like we're the only 2 people that visit this blog.
ReplyDeleteKnow how you feel ... still, on the bright side there's loads of goodies coming out of the woodwork, and here's one I've been looking for for a long while ... the best recording of 1992 apart from the Academy: http://darkcircleroom3.blogspot.com/2014/05/television-sunplaza-nakano-tokyo-japan.html. Cheers, Dave Sez.
ReplyDeleteDarkcircleroom3 has most regrettably been closed, but one of the last posts - Sunplaza Tokyo 1992 - just squeaked out in time, to be reposted here, and upped here:
ReplyDeletehttp://growboredbigscott62.blogspot.com/2014/06/back-with-vengenace-dave-sez-presents.html
and meanwhile the staggeringly productive tinajazz is at it again with a crispy fresh Television from March this year:
http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/television-tennessee-theatre-knoxville-29-march-2014-a-175110.html
Thanks tinajazz and RIP circle ... cheers, Dave Sez.
DCR is back and listed in blogs we follow...http://darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteNot that anyone 'cept silent and me is watching, but a very recent Television gig 28.12.14 has been kindly provided by circle; check here:
ReplyDeletehttp://darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com/search/label/Television
Cheers, Dave Sez.
Another recent Television gig has just surfaced: http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/television-2014-05-12-boston-ma-aud-flac-190741.html.
ReplyDeleteCheers, Dave Sez.
And another, this one a speed-corrected oldie: http://dbs-repercussion.blogspot.com/2013/11/tele-vision-new-york-city-december-1977.html
ReplyDeleteCheers, Dave Sez.
And not to be missed in WAV: http://ratb0y69.blogspot.com/2015/04/television-live-at-old-waldorf-29061978.html.
ReplyDeleteCheers, Dave Sez.
can arrow be re-uploaded??
ReplyDeleteYup, sure Bobby - just go to the comments to the original post where I have re-upped it: http://luckypsychichut.blogspot.com/2009/11/television-arrow-bootleg.html. Cheers, Dave Sez.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the treasure trove this opens up! I discovered Television as a very naive college sophomore in Nebraska and I've loved them ever since.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome, simonthecat - happy exploration both here and on darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com! And keep your eyes out for a Television live at the Academy 1992 that SilentWay will be posting on this blog soon ...
ReplyDeleteCheers, Dave Sez.
Waaay late, but anywhere I could find Adventure in FLAC format?
ReplyDelete@Unknown..I might have it but check DCR 1st - https://darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com/search?q=television
ReplyDelete