Saturday, February 25, 2023

Television - Live The Bottom Line NY. - 1978

Once Lost Now Found!...Rebooted again and again...
Originally posted February 14, 2014 & July 28, 2020

A Dave Sez contribution...

Television - This Case Is Closed 
aka The First Farewell
The Bottom Line
New York, NY.
July 29, 1978

Source: AUD A-, Japanese CD bootleg, Colosseum Records, No. 97-C-016, remastered and released 1997. Lineage: CD>EAC>Wav>Flac (level8).


This was indeed the final [known recorded] concert of Television until 1992. At the time, it was of course unknown if the band would perform or record again.

This includes one of the best live recordings of the classic song Marquee Moon ever. The band is on fire, and well captured.

From the Dave Sez archive: an ultra-rare Japanese CD bootleg, AUD A-, FLAC. The last known recorded concert of Television until their reformation in 1992 with an inspired version of the classic song Marquee Moon.

Track List:
1. Fire Engine
2. Glory
3. Grip Of Love
4. Foxhole
5. Dreams Dream
6. Ain't That Nothin'
7. Friction
8. Prove It
9. Marquee Moon
10. Kingdom Come
11. Satisfaction


Originally posted by dexondaz in 2008 at guitars101 and dexondaz.blogspot.com in FLAC, to whom huge thanks.

##!##


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^



10 comments:

  1. I would like to comment on the band Television ... but unfortunately I do not know and have no album of them. Anyway thank you for posting and thank you especially for the beautiful pair of blondes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. This is the place to get to know the band... check here:
    http://floppybootstomp-ii.blogspot.com/search/label/Tom%20Verlaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not into Television, but I like the valentine's picture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I find it frustratingly hard to find some of the Television bootlegs from 1992-2004 (the "second" Richard Lloyd-era). Dave Sez has - in some of the other Television/Tom Verlaine-related comments - kindly hinted at the DARK CIRCLE ROOM blog. However, all of the Television-MEGA links seem to be dead. In particular, could some kind soul share the "Rose of My Heart" boot (http://darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com/2014/05/television-sunplaza-nakano-tokyo-japan.html) and/or the Glasgow 2004 gig (http://darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com/2016/03/television-arches-glasgow-scotland.html)? Thank you so much in advance!
    Vincent1952

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anon...Let me check. I may or may not have these as I lost a hard drive a few years back

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, SilentWay. Greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Vincent1952

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anon aka Vincent1952 - I found both concerts. I'll try and put them up early in the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Anon: Fantastic. Thanks in advance!
      Cheerio,
      Vincent1952

      Delete