Thursday, May 7, 2015

Butthole Surfers - Double Live {Out of Print} 1989

Butthole Surfers - Double Live - 1989
Soundboard @320
{Out of Print}

Initially, 'Double Live' was made as a limited edition of 10,000 vinyl copies, 7,500 cassette copies and 4,750 compact disc copies. Even harder for me to believe, I don't think I've ever seen an actual copy of this live BS offering - in any independent record store that I used to so frequently go through (when most of them still existed). Sound quality on 'Double Live' couldn't be better. Material on this must-own / must-have / must-hear 2-CD archive masterpiece (in it's own right) are from the 
Butthole Surfers earlier lp's like 'Psychic' ...


Disc 1
01. Too Parter
02. Psychedelic Jam
03. Ricky
04. Rocky
05. Gary Floyd
06. Florida
07. John E. Smoke
08. Tornadoes
09. Pittsburg To Lebanon
10. The One I Love
11. Hey / Dum Dum
12. No Rule
13. U.S.S.A.
14. Comb
15. Untitled

Disc 2
01. Graveyard
02. Sweatloaf
03. Backass
04. Paranoid
05. Fast
06. I Saw An X-Ray Of A Girl Passing Gas
07. Strawberry
08. Jimi / Lou Reed
09. Kuntz
10. 22 Going On 23
11. Creep In The Cellar
12. Suicide
13. Something




[].[].[].[]

And in case you don't read the comments (which most of you don't)
there are more Buttlegs here....Thanks to Jonder for the link!
http://www.buttholesurfers.com/buttlegs.html
 

7 comments:

  1. Tower Records (I think I probably got it at the one in Brea, CA) had it in both vinyl and CD. I assume cassette as well, but I didn't look at those that day...

    Thanks for sharing this. Mine's buried in a box in the garage with all my other discs.

    -Xtm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the vinyl ONCE, in Clearwater, FL. Knew what it was, yet passed it up. That must've been around '94. I still kick myself in the head, every time this recording gets mentioned. Thanks....and "Ouch!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy...except for the pain part of course.

      Delete
  3. More buttlegs of the Bootholes here: http://www.buttholesurfers.com/buttlegs.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jonder, I added it to the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to see this at indie stores in the San Diego/Orange County area. It was out of print by then and was priced at around $30-35.00. Thanks for posting this...and for the Buttlegs link.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for posting this fucking awesome album! Back in the day, if you rode w/me, you smoked primo bud & listened to the Surfers. If you didn't like the Surfers you rode w/Gary K. & listened to Bon Jovi & smoked his shitty dirt weed.

    ReplyDelete