Thursday, September 26, 2024

Buddy Guy - Live Santa Fe, NM 1992

Rebooted...
Originally posted July 7, 2015

A contribution from our new friend Mr. D.!!


Buddy Guy - Paolo Soleri Amphitheatre
Santa Fe, NM.
August 19, 1992
Soundboard @flac


Set List: 
 Cold Shot  
Black Night  
Someone Else Is Slippin' In  
Hoochie Coochie/Rock Me Baby/Voodoo Chile  
I Just Wanna Make Love To You  
Damn Right I've Got The Blues  
Knock On Wood  
Strange Brew
 
pass-fbsvw

 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. I was trying to explain to my daughter why Buddy Guy is so revered today and was having trouble getting the point across, since his more recent performances are OK but not great. I came across this video, this makes the point! It's not great quality, but Buddy's performance and his tone are outstanding. It's from 1968.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSiuD_HTbWA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man that's an old one. I have a picture of him playing that guitar which is a Guild Starfire. They stopped making those a long while back.

      Delete
  2. seen him and yeah, he still can tear it up... never heard a tone so pure. dusthammer

    ReplyDelete