photo by by CarbieWarbie
Gang of Four - Live Corner Hotel
Melbourne, Australia
Melbourne, Australia
March 2, 2011
(You be the judge) @ flac
Silver CD - Wave -remaster w/ Equalizer APO - Flac
Re-Mastered by mcubel
The air conditioner in the band room of The Corner Hotel was shaking off its hinges. Next to a tower of speakers, it was fixed above the exit door, and it was rattling, almost dancing, like it wanted to jump off the wall. It was shaking because of the music, namely the song that was cutting through the speakers. The song was Anthrax, the band Gang of Four, and it was loud. Dangerously loud. Squalls of feedback rolled over the crowd, jagged sheets of distortion shaking the ground, the wall, the ceiling. You could feel it in your teeth. Meanwhile, the bass churned, the drums pounded. And over it all was the voice of Jon King intoning “Love will get you like a case of anthrax/and that’s something that I don’t want to catch”.
I don't think Dave Sez has this one...
Set List:
1. intro
2. You'll Never Pay For The Farm
3. Not Great Men
4. Ether
5. I Parade Myself
6. Paralysed
7. A Fruit Fly In The Beehive
8. (Love Like) Anthrax
9. It Was Never Gonna Turn Out Too Good
10. What We All Want
11. Why Theory?
12. At Home He's A Tourist
13. To Hell With Poverty!
14. Do As I Say
15. I Love A Man In Uniform
16. Return The Gift
17. He'd Send In The Army
18. encore (I can't place this track...help)
19. Natural's Not In It
20. Damaged Goods
Thanks to unknown taper!!
pass - fbsvw
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


Ah, silent, but I do have it and have even recommended it to readers in the comments here: http://floppybootstomp-ii.blogspot.com/2015/05/gang-of-four-live-berlin-festival-2010.html, where I give the link to craankingamps original post with recording details, gig poster, etc.. Unfortunately, the mediafire download requires conformation of a captcha which doesn't display, so your post is the only one out there on the worldwide wobbly to get this stunning recording - go get, you won't regret! Cheers, Dave Sez.
ReplyDeletePS: Check out http://darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com/2015/07/gang-of-four-peppermint-lounge-new-york.html for a gig with Sara Lee ...
But thanks for the kind thought anyway ... cheers, Dave Sez.
ReplyDeleteDOH!...well you might want to check out this one anyway. It's been remastered.
ReplyDeleteYup, I spotted that, and will indeed check this out - the unremastered recording was already brilliant, so not one to miss! Cheers, Dave Sez.
ReplyDeleteTo me this one I could hear the vocals better. My hearing is pretty shabby these days but this version sounded better to me.
Delete