Sunday, November 15, 2015

Dr. John - Live in Hempstead L.I., NY


Dr. John
Ultrasonic Studios 
Hempstead L.I., NY
WLIR FM Broadcast @320
November 6th 1973

Set List:
01. Loup Garou
02. Walk On Gilded Splinters
03. Danse Kalinda Da Boom
04. Stagger Lee
05. Hard Judgement
06. Traveling Mood
07. Life
08. Put A Little Love In Your Heart
09. Tipitina
10. Mess Around
11. Interview/Band Intros
12. I've Been Hoo Doo'd
13. Such A Night
14. Right Place Wrong Time
15. Let The Good Times Roll
16. Wang Dang Doodle
17. Mama Roux
18. Qualified
19. Little Liza Jane
20. Mama Don't Allow


19 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, any idea when this gig took place >

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Snakeboy and Anon: You're very welcome. Glad you like The Night Tripper as much as I do.

    @ GMAL: Wow, I completely messed up not adding the date. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. it was 1973-11-06. Glad you're enjoying it.

    enoch

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it's November, 6th, 1973


    enoch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-lost-broadcast-ultrasonic-studios-new-york-1973-mw0002552519

      Calling this performance by Mac Rebennack and his road band a "lost broadcast" stretches the truth a bit, since it has been in circulation as a bootleg ever since its initial broadcast by Hempstead, Long Island's WLIR-FM in June 1973.
      ~Mark Demming

      According to Amazon this was released on cd November 5, 2013.
      http://www.amazon.com/The-Lost-Broadcast-Dr-John/dp/B00CTPXTAM

      But whenever it's a good show.

      Delete
  4. Thanks! I had this 20 years ago on tape & have been trying to find it again recently so this was perfectly timed! With this & the show with Fess & The Meters 3-5-73 i think i have both 73 board tapes now. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad we could help, Necessary M P.


    enoch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, OK...It's either June 11th, 1973 or November 6th, 1973...LOL.

    enoch

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic work !!! as usual !
    Jean Luc

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, Jean Luc, thanks for the comment. Glad you're digging it.

    enoch

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of that concert and my french friends also (but they don't speak a fucking word of English to say : THANKS ! ) I'm their voice !
    Jean Luc

    ReplyDelete
  10. We can translate and I know what MERCI means =) but tell everyone "de rien" Jean-Luc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jean Luc, We'll take comments in any language...LOL. Besides, I always assumed that your comments covered all of the south of France...LOL.

    enoch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Floppy : 2 , South of France : 0 !!!!!!!!!!
    LOL
    Jean Luc

    ReplyDelete
  13. fucking fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the enthusiastic comment, Anon. Enjoy. enoch

      Delete