*Thanks to the original poster
Guest writer on this post Adam Sandler.
Hi my name is Adam Sandler. Ah...eat has coom to my tention that over to dee Voodoo's Wagon eat he's bean sad that i not to bury funny. Why nut? I speek in bury funny dielect. My lust moobee dee bury bury funny pixels gros over twenty-fie dullars at tea a tur. u prolly forgeet all dee funny stuf I do over at dee saturday night. Den I make dee bury funny funny moobees. At one time u luck anybare and see my bury bury funny face on eb ree ding. Now i be wurk for dee nutflix...ah wait u tall me dees bean now cancel...oh i make bury funny cry noise now. So i nut know why de Jobe nut think i not bury bury funniest mun in wurld. he asshole.... If you've read this far you should check this post out Rob and company kick some mean ass on this show. I know the announcer introduces the MC 5 but it's not them it's Rob and his then current band but you could swear it sounds like Brother Wayne Kramer kicking out the jams. No back cover.
Songs
1. One Of These Days
2. Out Of My Hands/Rock And Roll Life
3. Are You Having Any Fun
4. Rock And Roll People/Taboo
5. Sweet As A Dog
6. Inner Head Flight Royale
7. Kick Out The Jams
8. Paris Sewer
TRY TO CALL YOU CAN'T DIAL THE PHONE ALL YOU EVER GET IS A BUSY TONE
Guest writer on this post Adam Sandler.
Hi my name is Adam Sandler. Ah...eat has coom to my tention that over to dee Voodoo's Wagon eat he's bean sad that i not to bury funny. Why nut? I speek in bury funny dielect. My lust moobee dee bury bury funny pixels gros over twenty-fie dullars at tea a tur. u prolly forgeet all dee funny stuf I do over at dee saturday night. Den I make dee bury funny funny moobees. At one time u luck anybare and see my bury bury funny face on eb ree ding. Now i be wurk for dee nutflix...ah wait u tall me dees bean now cancel...oh i make bury funny cry noise now. So i nut know why de Jobe nut think i not bury bury funniest mun in wurld. he asshole.... If you've read this far you should check this post out Rob and company kick some mean ass on this show. I know the announcer introduces the MC 5 but it's not them it's Rob and his then current band but you could swear it sounds like Brother Wayne Kramer kicking out the jams. No back cover.
Songs
1. One Of These Days
2. Out Of My Hands/Rock And Roll Life
3. Are You Having Any Fun
4. Rock And Roll People/Taboo
5. Sweet As A Dog
6. Inner Head Flight Royale
7. Kick Out The Jams
8. Paris Sewer
TRY TO CALL YOU CAN'T DIAL THE PHONE ALL YOU EVER GET IS A BUSY TONE

Interesting. I've never been much impressed by Adam Sandler's comedic output, not even his, er, celebrated Hanukkah Song. The only exception might be that one moment from Billy Madison
ReplyDelete(https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=LQCU36pkH7c), and not because it's funny but because it's true: Adam Sandler keeps reminding people how dumb they are to put up with his movies. On the other hand, I'm just fine with Rob Tyner and the MC5, so thanks for that.
I let a good female friend of mine talk my wife and I on going with her and her husband to see the movie 'The Waterboy'. The only reason I agreed was because it was my friends birthday. That was almost 20 years ago and I still haven't let her live that down.
ReplyDeleteBack in the late 80's Rob used to manage an all-girl Detroit area band named the Vertical Pillows (get it?). I saw them play at a Hamtramck bar named Lili's, and they brought out Rob for an encore of "Kick Out The Jams". It was great to stand 12 feet from the man as he performed his signature song, even though he had put on some pounds by then.
ReplyDeleteOne of the friends I went with ended up marrying the guitar player. That's all I got.
Thanks for this.
You had me until .."No back cover."
ReplyDeleteSigh.
Regards, Dave.
Hi, Love this gig! Thanks so much. Is there any chance you could reup the Rock And Roll People link?
ReplyDeleteTony
@Tony...can u drop a link here?? Digging thru the archives takes freaking forever
ReplyDelete: /
Hi. Link is >> http://floppybootstomp-ii.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/rob-tyner-rock-and-roll-people-oop-192.html
ReplyDeleteThanks ever so much if you can re up. I'm constantly playing the other Rob Tyner gig. Superb!!
@Jobe ...re-up please?
ReplyDeleteRob Tyner Live 78, need New Link, please and thank you.
ReplyDeleteYou can get it here... https://voodoowagon.blogspot.com/2019/02/rob-tyners-mc5-live-michigan-1978.html - or wait for Jobe's 192bit version.
Delete