Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Rory Madrid (Gallagher) Live In Albuquerque 1985 *NOW WITH NEW LINKS

*For the boss, who was nice enough to invite me here from day one. REBOOTED FIRST PUBLISHED 5-24-20 AS REQUESTED  *PASSWORD IS fbsvw




*THANKS TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER

 SEE SCANS


I AIN'T FOOLING WHEN I SAY I AIN'T GOT NO SCHOOLING 

WELL A BURNING FEVER WOKE ME UP AT DAWN     


16 comments:

  1. Hey, Jobe...I've got an inch long scar on my chin from gettin' dusted and drinking Cuervo Silver and falling down a flight of stairs at Winterland...DURING RORY GALLAGHER. Small world, eh? :) Haight Ashbury Free Clinic sewed me up good as new and I made it back in time for Bob Seger and Blue Oyster Cult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still crack up when I think about that guys "Rory Madrid" comment. : )) The only reason the blogs are still running is because I'm not the only one doing it! ....Oh, the first place was the ORIGINAL FBS. The 1st post was March 9, 2008. https://floppybootstomp.blogspot.com/2008/03/captain-beefheart-im-gonna-boogiarize_09.html - Soooooo more than 12 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Rory Gallagher in the UK in 1978/9,amazing show.Thanks to you for more than 12 years of great music,I've been loving your blogs for 11 of them.It's sad that everyone doesn't leave a Thank You,I do occasionally,look forwards to more of what you give us,I'm sure everybody is grateful and hope more let you know,I certainly am...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-fucking-men to this post. This and Voodoo Wagon are the two best sites. Do I download everything? Nope. But I have discovered more stuff from here, than the others combined. And that says enough right there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the story it makes me feel old as I remember yeas ago on another site someone mentioned your site and the lovely women on it. Been checking in every since. Thank you all for what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to the both of you!
    Regards, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. > Also special thanks to hinterwald (great poster) and me?
    > I'm here for the long haul.

    ditto ;)

    It was to me as a lurking fan of the two blogs for some years a great pleasure that the "boss" invited me to post some stuff here.

    To the Rory thing: in the early 70ies I lived in a catholic monastry as student for almost 9 years and there we had the perfect record collection which was expanded every year at xMas on a list we proposed. in 1972 I had a bet with our praefect on quit soming that I lost so I had to buy two LPs for the collection - it were "phallus dei" (g*d's dick, trolling a bit the priests) by Amon Düül II and ... Rory Gallagher "Deuce", one of my alltime favs since then. the first Rockpalast Night offered Roger McGuinn, LIttle Feat and ... Rory Gallagher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your efforts - this and VW are always go-to's. Some insanely great stuff here. Sorry I don't post thanks more often but believe me, your efforts are truly appreciated. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you jrb for taking the time to leave us a comment. It's things like this that help keep us going!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. And thanks so much for all you do for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Jobe for the story. Nargo The Bort's Deviant Subculture was another great blog back then and I had a lot of interaction with Tony the Tiger...
    Diversity of Music is cool with me...If you don't like one post, just wait, there's bound to be one you do like soon!
    Keep on doin' what you're doin'!
    FBS-VW are 2 Great Blogs, and more folks should take a minute to say "Thanks!" or tell a quick story about how the music relates to them, Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post indeed. I've been around visiting the music blogsphere for more than a decade and it has always been a pleasure to discover some new music, some historical concerts of a favourite guitar hero and so on. But most of all, it's daily pleasure to read the comments from those who post and are so dedicated to the music they are offering. Hats off for this. And indeed, basically at least a thank you from those who download and sometimes a comment or an anecdote is what should be expected from the visitors, just like when you entered a music store in the previous century and you said hello to the shopkeeper and sometimes started a discussion on an brand new LP. I hope I'm one of the guys who says hello when I enter the FBS or VW shops and never forget that they are open 24/24 for the whole world to visit them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen Rory, but I sure seen some floopy boots stompin for quite some time, from the first time I stumbled upon the open saloon doors and saw Mr. Alvin getting high I knew this was gonna be one of those joints which would keep pullin me back. I dont say it enough, and I purposely do not say it often, but this juke joint you have here is finely curated, and just may reach that rareified air that is/was occupied by a select few such as Mr. Williard and his Wormhole, R.I.P., This is one finely curated lounge that always seems to have just what ya need, if not right off, then certainly you will find it on the greasy menu, maybe under a dried splotch deviled egg, my personal fav. After a stiff shot or two, heavy pours are the norm here, such as the mega posts, currently Magazine, that is keeping me from the HoneyDo List. So, that said, I must say,
    KUDOS! fBSii, from Thee Most High, TheeRevLouCifer
    And, pour me another one, eh, make it a double will ya..
    Keep On Doin' what ya do, the love of the music certainly shines through
    PS, I too have visited the H-A Free Clinic under oddly similar circumstances. I dont know, maybe it was the dRoses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for re-posting the best live musician I have had the privilege of seeing. Only Springsteen comes close.

    ReplyDelete