*THANKS TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER
Nice show here from The Band sans Robbie Robertson but that's ok seeing as how I like Levon Helm as a vocalist better anyway. Now from what I can ascertain this is a boot there maybe some question of this post's legitimacy, if someone out there can show me that this is a legitimate release I will pull it. However from my vast and crack work research everything point to this AS A Boot. The song "The Weight" was not provided by the original poster. See scans
Here's what Discogs says about the label "All Access:" "A UK-based label exploiting a loophole in European copyright laws concerning public broadcasts. These releases are usually not authorized by the recorded artists." I'd call this "grey market," to distinguish it from an out-and-out bootleg. Discogs treats it like a bootleg and does not allow it to be sold.
ReplyDeleteAlso: these CDs sometimes have incorrect information in the title. There's a Dylan/Petty show called "The 1986 KSAN Broadcast". KSAN was not a rock station in 1986, it was a country station. Wherever they got this, it wasn't from KSAN.
Similarly, there's a Petty show claimed to be a King Biscuit broadcast; it was actually from Westwood One.
Thanks for this.
ReplyDeleteWoot! Grey, Black or Blue... I'll take it...many thanks for this!
ReplyDeleteGreat set; after Jaime Royal leaving I was doubtful but this is great! Posted links across as ever. Thanks Jobe. Drafter is right no sign here of it ever being 'official' at all
ReplyDeleteHey, Swappers....yeah, European copyright seems to allow these releases of television or radio broadcasts...they're "legally released but not officially released." I would guess that you can't legally import them into the USA.
ReplyDelete