Saturday, April 27, 2024

Derek and the Dominos - The Last Sessions

A DRC Favorite from the FBS Archives!!! Rebooted by request...Again!
Originally Posted by detroitrockcity Friday, May 30, 2008 & March 18, 2012



Derek and the Dominos - The Last Sessions
Olympic Sound Studios, London,UK. April 1971
Studio Soundboard MP3 @320

Work in progress instrumentals, except for track #12 which features Rene Armando on vocals.
Excellent soundboard recording.
I was told these tapes were obtained from Jim Gordon's apartment when he sought money for a lawyer after he murdered his mother. Yikes!

Play this one loud!! yer buddy, DRC.

Eric Clapton - guitar & vocals
Bobby Whitlock - piano
Carl Radle - bass
Jim Gordon - drums

 
Track List
1. Sick At Heart
2. Is My Love
3. Mean Old Frisco
4. Evil
5. Snake Lake Blues (minor key)
6. Snake Lake Blues (major key)
7. One More Chance
8. Got To Get Better In A Little While
9. High
10. Untitled instrumental #1
11. Untitled instrumental #2
12. Devil Road

 
Please do us the courtesy of leaving a comment on the music 
and or seeing the band!
 
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. to be fair, at the time of the crime his acute schizophrenia hadn't yet been diagnosed. i wonder what the reaction of the industry would be if the same things happened in today's "more enlightened" age...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, would you update the link. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Carlos...Be patient I'll update the links when I get time.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I really appreciate all your hard work.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, I love the play the dominoes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can never get enough of this. I love this era of Clapton. Bobby Whitlock was a great foil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great band! Thank you! Bobby Whitlock is amazing through out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey. Not just visited, but took this as well. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! - Stinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder what Clapton would have done if he hadn't ever heard of The Band? His playing during this period was his best. The new Jim Gordon book is a good read and thanks again for the DL..

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Anon... Clapton playing with Duane Allman was the best version of himself. With Bobby Whitlock on vocals this band was the best of ANY of the other various bands Clapton was bart of.

    ReplyDelete