Thursday, April 15, 2021

Doctor Feelgood - Live Paris 1979

Rebooted by request...
Originally posted March 15, 2014








Doctor Feelgood - Theatre de l'Empire 
October 22, 1979
Paris, France
Audience SM master @ Flac
 (Art by Rare Rock Collection Fetish)

From after Wilko left the Doctor period.

*Taper Notes*
The band went in Paris to play a set for the "Chorus" french TV show.
I was in the audience and I recorded the 14 songs performed with a big Sony TC ?? machine and probably his Sony dedicated microphone.

Cassette played on a Marantz SD 4061 deck to Zoom H4, SD card to PC, Audacity editions, FLAC (TLH).

Including art work.

Set List:

01 I Can Tell/ Going Back Home **
02 Java Blue
03 Stupidity
04 Ridin' on the L & N
05 Pretty Face
06 Put Him Out Of Your Mind
07 In The Night Time
08 Shotgun Blues
09 You Upset Me Baby
10 Milk and Alcohol
11 Down at the Doctors
12 Baby Jane
13 She's a Wind Up
14 Roxette
 
No cuts in the songs.

** Separate tracks included.

pass = fbsvw


Always Check Comments For Other Links To Shows!!

14 comments:

  1. thank you for the Doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. Lee, the one and only one.

    Some Wilko???

    ReplyDelete
  3. mimercier, your wish is my command - a Wilko Special has been sent over to floppy for posting. In the meanwhile, chew on these:

    http://floppybootstomp.blogspot.com/2009/04/dr-feelgood-down-by-stupid-beat-74-75.html (good quality Japanese double bootleg of early Feelgoods; links still live!)

    http://le-vicomte-rocka-rolla.blogspot.com/2013/03/drfeelgood-1975-paris-bataclan.html (haven't listened to it yet, so no guarantees on quality, but rare)

    http://skamanchackett.blogspot.com/2012/06/dr-feelgood-detroit-31076.html (mediafire @ 320)

    http://noiseaddiction2.blogspot.com/2012/08/dr-feelgood-ford-auditorium-detroit-3.html (same as above but mega link @ 256)

    ... and watch this space ... cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 1975 Paris Bataclan listed above is a good audience B+@192, improvable in WinAmp, and certainly an early one that I've not seen circulating before, so go get, you won't regret!

    Cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keryst! It never rains but it pours ... http://le-vicomte-rocka-rolla.blogspot.be/2013/03/wilko-johnson-1980-03-07-bx-begles.html, another French cassette bootleg from our friend Rocka Rolla! Hopefully also a B+ or more ... checking ... Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the Wilko - a rare gig from the Ice On The Motorway tour - is a solid B+ too, so go get ... and I forgot I'd already passed on the Detroit 1976 @ 320 to SilentWay to post so here that is on this blog:

    http://floppybootstomp-ii.blogspot.com/2014/01/dr-feelgood-live-detroit-mi-1976.html (at least Rapidshare and uploaded links still live).

    Cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And my first post for this blog was the (then-rare) Geordie Scene TV footage from 1975, still live (uploaded link) here: http://floppybootstomp-ii.blogspot.com/2013/10/dr-feelgood-live-geordie-scene-wmv-video.html. Mine is a VHS rip with the inane local DJ included (good fun, what a dork!); the same footage has been re-released in better quality on the recent 3CD+1DVD Dr. Feelgood with Wilko: All Through The City compilation where the DJ's been edited out ...

    cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank s for the links. I ve already these items.
    I sent
    http://hearrockcity.blogspot.ch/search/label/WilkoJohnson
    http://hearrockcity.blogspot.ch/search/label/Dr.Feelgood
    On you tube you can find wilko + r daltrey live in London 2014
    Michel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Michel. To see the hearrockcity Wilko and Feelgoods gigs, try

    http://hearrockcity.blogspot.ch/search/label/Wilko%20Johnson
    http://hearrockcity.blogspot.ch/search/label/Dr.%20Feelgood

    Hearrockcity has in particular the Feelgoods at Amsterdam's Paradiso with Gypie here:
    http://hearrockcity.blogspot.ch/2011/01/hes-one-they-call-dr-feelgood.html

    The hearrockcity Wilko Japan 1986 FM is part of the Wilko Special that will be going up here soonish.

    Cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for answer.
      I ve all live wilko and feelgood that s possible to download on any blog I think...hear rock city too. Great blog.
      nevermind... some Inmates????'With barrie master of Bill Hurley...
      michel

      Delete
  10. Hello. Could you please re-up this promising Feelgood recording? That would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Thanks very much for re-uploading this. I'm enjoying this recording right now. It's excellent. Feelgood fans, get it again while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this - never heard them play I Can Tell with Gypie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola friends.. Tanks for your never ending passion for Rock and Roll!!! I been deep in the shadows i did not read those cool messages.. Thanks again for that too.. Jean Pierre Le Vicomte de Rocka Rolla.

    ReplyDelete