Sunday, March 21, 2021

Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - The Spotlight Kid Outtakes

Rebooted...
Originally posted November 20, 2011 and August 25, 2014


Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band 
The Spotlight Kid Outtakes &
Other Studio Sessions
 Studio Recordings @320
 
Pompadour Sessions
Record Plant Studios, Los Angeles: May 1971

I'm Gonna Booglarize You Baby Jam (Take 1)
I'm Gonna Booglarize You Baby Jam (Take 2)
Pompadour I (Take 1)
Pompadour I (Take 2)
Pompadour II (Take 1)
Pompadour II (Take 2)
Pompadour II (Take 3)
Pompadour II (Take 4)
Pompadour II (Take 5)

The Spotlight Kid Outtakes Songs
Record Plant Studios, Los Angeles: May - September 1971

Funeral Hill #1
Drink Paint Run Run
Seam Crooked Sam #1
Dirty Blue Gene #1
Kiss Me My Love
Alice In Blunderland
Clear Spot
Low Yo Yo Stuff
Seam Crooked Sam #2
Funeral Hill #2

The Spotlight Kid Instrumental Sketches
Record Plant Studios, Los Angeles: May - September 1971

Semi-Multicoloured Caucasian
Dual & Abdul
Open Pins
Ballerino
Best Batch Yet #1
Suzy Murder Wrist
Obenso Cinco
The Witch Doctor Life
Little Scratch #2
Flaming Autograph
Love Grip
No Flower Shall Grow
Best Batch Yet #2
Your Love Brought Me To Life (Take 1)
Your Love Brought Me To Life (Take 2)
That little Girl
Campfires

Sun Zoom Spark Session
Early 1972 (mono)

Intro
Sun Zoom Spark #1
Scratch My Back
Blues Medley: Down In The Bottom; Key to The Highway; Grandpa Don't Love Grandma No More
Sun Zoom Spark #2

Brown Star Sessions
Amiga Studios, Sherman Oaks, North Hollywood: Summer 1972


Sun Zoom Spark #3
Funeral Hill #3
Harry Irene
Little Scratch #2
Dirty Blue Gene #2


Spot Out pt1
Spot Out pt2


*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *   *  *


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this ! I already knew
    the 1971-10 to 11 la record plant pompadour sessions 1972 sherman oaks amigo studios the spotlight kid outtakes 3rd revision boot
    and
    captain beefheart and the magic band 1971-1972 the spotlight kid outtakes boot
    but I think there is more here... and not only the hair pie lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias por el aporte. La música nos mantendrá libres.

    ReplyDelete