Monday, May 9, 2016

Chicken Legs - LIVE in Washington DC 1980

Chicken Legs
Warner Theater
Washington DC
1980-11-18
WAVA-FM Broadcast


01. Holiday
02. Down Over The Border
03. I Got That Record Executive Blues Again
04. Drown In A Sea Of Love
05. Old Folks Boogie*
06. I Got a Mess of the Blues
07. A Apolitical Blues---
08. Boogie Man Blues---
09. A Apolitical Blues
10. Talking
11. High Roller
12. Stay All Night
13. Pump It Up
14. Band Intros
15. Elmo's Blues
16. Down On The Farm


Nighthawks (Opener)

17 - Pretty Girls and Cadillacs
18 - Little Sister
19 - Tripe Face Boogie



The Nighthawks:

Mark Wenner - harmonica & vocals
Jimmy Thackery - guitar & vocals
Jan Zukowski - bass
Pete Ragusa - drums & vocals 


Chicken Legs:

Catfish Hodge - Guitar, Vocals (Catfish Hodge)
Paul Barrere - Guitar, Vocals (Little Feat)
Richie Hayward - Drums (Little Feat)
Sam Clayton - Percussion, Vocals (Little Feat)
Kenny Gradney - Bass (Little Feat)
Dixie Lee Belon - Vocals (Catfish Hodge)
Mitch Collins - Keyboards (Catfish Hodge)
Pete Ragusa - Drums (Track 5) (Nighthawks)
Jimmy Thackery - Slide Guitar (Track 15) (Nighthawks)


8 comments:

  1. enoch:

    Very nice post. I really enjoy this show. I think I have a more complete version of Nighthawks set, with 7 songs. Here it is: http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/aDWMadXj/file.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steve626 for the more complete Nighthawks set. I knew there was more, but all I had were the three songs and figured I'd include them with the Chicken Legs DL. Again Many,Many Thanks. enoch

      Delete
  2. This is a trip. I just posted the 1980 Nighthawks LP today and here they are with an opening set, doing two songs from that very album. This was a great period for this type of roots music. I lived in the DC area not far from the Warner Theater; shame I was too young to get into the shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously, Great minds think alike. Thanks for the comment and I hope you like the show. You should grab Steve626's Nighthawks set. good stuff.

      Delete
  3. I also taped this show from WAVA back in the day on my Akai open reel deck. For some reason I didn't get as many Nighthawks tunes as Steve has provided, so I want to thank you all! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about teamwork. Thanks for the comment. enoch

      Delete
  4. This was a dream bill for the late 70's DC college crowd. Great, great memories, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're Welcome, drkrick and thanks for leaving a comment telling us that you like the stuff we're putting up. Please come again. enoch

      Delete