Romeo Void
Mabuhay Gardens
San Francisco CA
1980-11-14
Matrix @320
01. Big Macho
02. Dedication
03. What Works for You Don't Always Work for Me
04. Make It Past Noon
05. Charred Remains
06. On the Double
07. I Help Myself
08. White Sweater
09. Talk Dirty to Me
10. Fear to Fear
11. Double Shot
Deborah Iyall - Vocals, Percussion
Peter Woods - Guitar, Vocals
Frank Zincavage - Bass, Vocals
Jay Derrah - Drums, Percussion
Benjamin Bossi - Saxophone, Vocals

To anyone who's listened to their three LPs or the compilation 'Warm, In Your Coat', it is obvious that Romeo Void were one of the least-appreciated bands of the early-eighties.
ReplyDeleteThe thumping squall that frequently played out behind Deborah Iyall's voice was a wondrous thing, indeed.
Which is just my way of saying thanks so much for this boot!
At the height of the MTV music madness, I think Deborah Iyall was deemed "not suitable for viewing". I think she was judged by TV execs as not fitting in with the appearance of the standard "hot chicks" appearing on the tube at the time.
ReplyDeleteIn the late 80s, I sold a HP Laserjet to Iyall's husband. Yeah, it's not much of a connection, but it's the best I've got. I was living in SF '79-'84 and never saw them, much to my regret.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this set from the Fab Mab!
ReplyDelete