Monday, July 6, 2020

The Heavy Metal Piano Man?

Look Closely at the Fellow on the Right!
Yep, That's Billy Joel! THE Billy Joel - "The Piano Man!"
Jon Smalls is the guy on the Left - He was the Drummer...
The Entire Band consisted of these two guys.

Now, from my own personal Scientific and Statistical Analysis and Extensive Surveys (Nah, I'm Pullin' Your Leg),
BUT -
You'll Either Love This Selection OR Hate It!
Ain't much In-Between...
Is it Genius OR Insanity?

Heavy Music Without GUITARS!

Amplified Piano and Organ and Drums...
Some songs with Vocals, Some Instrumentals...


(NEW LINK: 3/5/21)

4 comments:

  1. I actually bought this album in the early '70s when Billy Joel was still a new thing nationally but very popular in the NY suburbs and I wanted to check out his older stuff (I don't know what ever happened to my copy). This is one seriously bad record. AMG's review calls it the worst album in the history of rock and I'd have a really hard time disagreeing. You all should check it out to make up your own minds but don't say you weren't warned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent Comment, JPB!
      It's a MUST Listen, But Love Your WARNING!

      Delete
  2. Hi!

    Great! Another "non live/concert" offering. Listening to the LP on YT. Weird yes, "worst" maybe not really, some "interesting" lyrics....Has a heavy metal/Deep Purple type vibe. Is that Billy Joel's real hair or a wig? Also found he was in 2 60's bands "The Hassles" & "The Lost Souls."

    Cheers!
    Ciao! For now.
    rntcj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rntcj, I can see that comparison of Early DP...
      As far as Billy's hair - Don't Know? Could be a Wig for sure!

      Delete