It's a BBC Rock Hour (Or here in the states it was called London Wavelength?) Broadcast recording!
Heart was touring their Little Queen album...
The location and exact date of the recording (as far as I know) is unknown...
The Intro and Outro are here, even though they're not listed on the back cover, but somewhere along the way the commercials were removed - but, I don't believe any music or band talk was lost along the way!
You didn't wanna hear those old Toyota commercials anyway, did ya?
Not much else to say: You know Heart's unique blend of Folk, Rock, Pop, Etc.
and their eagerness to cover Zeppelin!
It's All Here!
IF You like Heart (And Don't Have It) - Get It!
(NEW LINK: 2/27/21)


I have a friend that will love this
ReplyDeleteThanks
And I have a friend that will be happy You have a friend that will love this!
DeleteYears ago I acquired a copy of this (same tracklist, but with the commercials intact); the info on it is given as "London, October 1, 1978". Good show, those first two albums are classics!
ReplyDeleteThanks Chance for the Date of the show!
DeleteI also have a download back from 2008 that says : BBC Rock Hour Pre-FM Reel(Bonus CDR)Universal Amphitheatre, Los Angeles, CA. USA 9/1/1977
ReplyDeleteBroadcast on 1st October 1978. The mystery remains.
Link is not working unfortunately
ReplyDelete