Gary Wright - Long Island, NY 1975 FM Broadcast - Live in Studio
1. Intro
2. Love is Alive
3. Blind Feeling
4. Dream Weaver
5. I Can't Find the Judge
6. Kyle
7. Interview
8. I Know A Place
9. Lady Madonna (no, not THAT one)
10. Are You Weeping
11. Tower of Love
I don't have anything specific on the date. I'm hoping you old-timers in NY might recognize the DJ and be able to piece this together some. There's an interview in the middle of the performance. This was recorded after the Dream Weaver album came out and before the follow up. It's a cool listen, and the quality for a 1975 recording is pretty effing great!
https://workupload.com/file/uRzm9ya3axg
I got to see Gary Wright once in 2014, opening for CCR. I was surprised to see that he was sitting at the merch booth after his set, with no one around him. I live close to the venue so I called my wife and told her to bring my vinyl cover of George Harrison's All Things Must Pass over to me (already signed by Peter Frampton), and my CD of Dream Weaver. He was very nice and signed everything and took pictures with me and my daughter. Thanks for the memory! RIP dream weaver...
ReplyDeleteSo cool, I had tickets back 2005 to see him in Washington state but he canceled at the last minute and was replaced by Eddie Money, I was really bummed and more so after Eddie started playing!
DeleteI only saw Eddie way back in 1979, but I had seen that in the 2000's he was really showing his age. So sorry that you missed out on Gary!
DeleteHmm...Long Island...my guess is a WLIR-FM broadcast, but I was not able to find any evidence.
ReplyDeleteThank you! Always room for another Gary Wright show!
ReplyDeleteJustDave
Saw Gary with Spooky Tooth waaaaay back on a double bill with Bad Company. After their set Gary and Mike Harrison came back on stage and invited 2 scorching hot ladies to go back stage with them. Took the girls not even a second to decide. =)) .
ReplyDelete