Monday, May 26, 2025

P.S.A.

This has got to end. Another reason today's pop music must be destroyed.




                                  Albert Brooks was on to something when he suggested this




10 comments:

  1. I am now completely and blissfully deaf from having shoved pencils into both ear drums after watching that first video. lady, it's the National Anthem, not the Gong Show.
    Also, I had to lip read the Albert Brooks video but it still tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That national anthem of the US of A is a poem about a piece of cloth set to the tune of a wine-drinkers song. Let's use that piece of cloth to mop up the spilled drink. The way inhabitants of the US of A go on and on and on about their national anthem is religion-like. And as we all should know: religion is indoctrination. Land of the free, my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was indeed God fucking awful, but Fergie still holds the record for the absolute worst rendition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Albert Brooks is hysterical. Thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from the UK, so don't really have a vested interest in the US National Anthem, but that 'singer's' version is absolutely terrible. As an example of how to murder a very well-loved piece, it must rate well in the top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stately Plump BuckMay 27, 2025 at 8:14 AM

    They deserved that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should have been the Roseanne Barr version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I long for the days when Bobby Vinton sang the National Anthem at a Pirates playoff game way back in the day...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkNNy8BxtDA

    ReplyDelete
  9. My nomination for our new national anthem is Do Wah Diddy Diddy.

    First of all... you don't need a solid command of an octave and a half range to get through it.

    Secondly, you can do a call and response thing: She looks good (looks good!) She looks fine (looks fine!) everybody! AND I ALMOST LOST MY MIND!

    It's got easy lyrics...there's no embarrassing weird never-heard third or fourth verse that know-it-all scolds are gonna dredge up and shove in your face to demonstrate their moral superiority.

    It's about a core American belief: the pursuit of individual happiness, in this case a hot chick. I'm open, you can sing it with any pronouns that increase YOUR happiness. I'm his, he's mine! I'm theirs, they're mine....who cares, sing it loud, sing it proud!

    ReplyDelete