*MY ORIGINAL VINYL COPY
Probably on a million other sites but I'm too tired to look and see where. Oh yeah what makes this one different is the bonus track at the end.See scans
AND I FELT LIKE A STAR I THOUGHT THE WORLD COULD GO FAR IF THEY'D LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY





As I've been playing around with digitizing records for about 10 years (and came onboard with you guys about one year later...), I'm curious about your set up. Are you running the turntable through the amplifier, and then in to the computer? Are you using the 3.5 mm soundcard plug, or going through the USB port?
ReplyDeleteHi drafty it is turntable through amp, then into the 3.5 mm soundcard plug. As you know recording albums takes forever seeing as how they have to be recorded in real time. I use Roxio to record, edit, eq, and tag. So recording, say a 50 minute album takes about 2 hours to set up and post.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tips. I've been using Audacity...for years...and about a year ago ran into a problem. It records, but it's doing some kind of compression. That is, the dynamic range isn't what I know I should get off a record. Same thing if I record streaming audio. A computer-savvy buddy and I think it might be an artefact of the sound card itself or a Windows update. So I've been sticking to finishing off things I already had ripped from vinyl...or I've been ripping King Biscuit or Westwood One CDs. Once I run out...I'll have to figure it out (maybe just buy a new computer...). Are you using Roxio Easy LP to MP3?
ReplyDeleteI'm using Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning
ReplyDelete